Dragon Elements: A New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Tongue Tavern

+2
Jason Vathmós
Margurka
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Silver Tongue Tavern Empty The Silver Tongue Tavern

Post by Margurka Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:28 pm

I sat in the tavern with my drink, reflecting on my new lead on the Guild Leader, 'Naomi' as she called herself.  She had to be a Colagartrune that travelled with Tavarius.  I wasn't aware that the Guardian of Justice had left with him; but the whole thing had been hushed well.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Guardian on Colagart was a quietly promoted Apprentice of hers.

Last edited by Margurka on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Margurka
Margurka

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

Back to top Go down

The Silver Tongue Tavern Empty Re: The Silver Tongue Tavern

Post by Jason Vathmós Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am

I walked into the tavern alone, expecting to meet Justice here soon. It was unfortunate that I had left my jacket in my dorm, as it could have been useful to block the awful odor emitting from the men in the tavern. I saw two fighting off towards the back. Though I would have loved to join a fight, especially with my new found ability, I decided to keep low and to myself as I waited for Justice. It would be rude for my appointment to be delayed by a pointless bar brawl. By the way Justice had spoken to me, it seemed that she meant business. I took a seat half way into the tavern and waited patiently. I could still feel the tendrils flicking about my back like a phantom pain. I ignored it and sat quietly.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

The Silver Tongue Tavern Empty Re: The Silver Tongue Tavern-Jason's Future

Post by vahlok sed volum Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 am

Justice entered the tavern, her good obscuring her face, and swiftly made her way to Jason.

"Good to see you're here," Justice said softly, "I'm sorry I'm a tad late.  I won't offer excuses, we have things to discuss.  First though, I need to know; where do you stand on the war?  The Scourge War"

Last edited by vahlok sed volum on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 pm

"What do you mean? The one on Lacie's planet?" I asked.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:38 pm

"The overall war.  When it's ended on Lacie's world, what would you do?  How do you even see it ending?" Justice's veins writhed, "things are moving very fast right now.  I've been given orders to prepare my network for an exodus.  We are leaving on a moment's notice, soon; meaning I won't be able to be around anymore.  That also means you need to make some pretty big decisions; which means you need to ask yourself some important questions.  Like if you could choose how this all ended, how would it end, and how do you most realistically get there?"
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 pm

"I honestly couldn't tell you where I stand at this point." I admitted. "I want this war to end for Lacie's sake, but this power..." I shifted my eyes around, as if looking at the tendrils that were on my back today. "I wouldn't want this to be wasted. What those dark dragons are doing on her planet I can't blame them for. I've never felt this powerful before, and to just let it die out would be..." I thought about it more and looked back to Justice. "In short, killing each other is going to get us nowhere. Maybe there could be a way to negotiate with the dark dragons, maybe convert others in a more peaceful manor."
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:13 pm

"You can use that power for good," Justice responded, "it's harder, I admit; there's a thin line between control and madness, but you can do it."

Justice looked away for a moment as if bothered by her thoughts, the conflicting desire to inform Jason and the knowledge that it'd be for the better he didn't know, were leaking off of her.

"Things are going to be a bit confusing for a while," she finally found her words, "I can't tell you anything significant; but I couldn't leave you without explaining something. The reason I asked about your stance, your allegiance, is because you're going to need to know it, know yourself, and remember those things in the coming days. Things are going to get clouded, and I don't want you to lose yourself. You say you want a peaceful spread of the darkness, you want to use its power for good? Then remember that; and remember ANYONE who threatens that is your enemy. Don't ever forget those values, because one day if things get out of hand, they'll be the best thing to guide you back from the grips of insanity."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I sat back in the ripped leather booth seat. "Lacie isn't too fond of the idea of darkness spreading. I could tell from her expression when she saw the tendrils." I said. "She was horrified. What do I do about her? I can't call her my enemy."
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:05 pm

"She is still just a child," Justice said, "and all too few know what good it is capable of, because when bad things happen, people need a scapegoat; and right now, too few know who's really to blame, so they blame the scourge.

When magic first manifested on Colagart, it didn't take the darkness to make people want to use it to kill each other; but on Colagart, being a dragon is still considered a curse. On earth, there isn't even any magic, and yet with the little power they have, they still commit atrocities on massive scales. One day, people WILL realize the scourge is just another power, that can be abused in the wrong hands; but also of great help in the right hands. And at the head of that enlightenment, Lacie will stand. She's a good girl. She wouldn't step away from doing the right thing. You don't have to worry about that."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:29 pm

I thought about Lacie for a few moments, remembering when I met her as a child. The war was just starting then. "Why did The Scourge target her planet in the first place? Out of all of the planets, why did they choose Pruina?" I asked.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 pm

"I wish I knew that kiddo," Justice responded, "in all honesty, I want to say dumb luck; but they haven't let up on their assault for a long time. I feel like there's something there. So does Faith, and he lived there, so honestly, who knows. Tavarius hasn't been too concerned with it so my intel is limited. We've been busy with a lead we are sure of."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 pm

"What could they be hiding that the Scourge wants?" I asked.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm

"Well, Ice planets are typically the wealthiest; could just be the money honestly," Justice continued, "the weather of cold planets like that, just creates the perfect environment for it to literally rain diamonds."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:56 pm

"I see." I said. "How do we stop them?" I asked.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm

"We fight back," Justice answered, "the only answer to force is force, as idealistic as we all like to be... listen to me, preaching.  I've said all I needed to.  Look, you can't do anything about Pruina right now, so don't worry about it just yet.  Worry about getting to a place where you can do something about it.  If you need anything, I'll be at the Bunkhouse until I receive my orders to leave."

Last edited by vahlok sed volum on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:11 pm

"What do you mean 'A place where I can do something about it'? I don't understand!" I said.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:19 pm

"Relax Jason," Justice began, before elaborating, "I just mean a position of power, influence. Getting up there in the world, becoming someone who others will follow."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:32 pm

I settled down, sitting back in the booth. How can I just sit around and wait? I thought. Lacie's planet is doomed. I sighed, rubbing my forehead.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by vahlok sed volum Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:01 pm

"Like I said, you need anything, my doors are open," Justice stood up, "now unless there's anything else, I'll be seeing you."
vahlok sed volum
vahlok sed volum

Character Profile
Element:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Vathmós Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:27 pm

I waved a hand, not even looking up to see her leave. Something must be done. I thought.
Jason Vathmós
Jason Vathmós

Back to top Go down

Post by Margurka Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:59 pm

(New day)
"I really need to stop wasting my time drinking..." I groaned to myself, resting on the table surrounded by mugs. I hadn't looked into any of the leads I'd come across for days. Part of me wanted to, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to find the motivation any longer. Was it enough to know he was alive? Had I simply let go? Or by Volum, was I going native? I threw my full mug across the room as I cringed in disgust.
Margurka
Margurka

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tavarius Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:34 pm

(New new day)
Danarius looked over his account statement and sighed. He was somewhat disappointed with this job. The money had been too great to pass up, but playing body guard to an entire school was... boring, there was just no other way to put it. It was boring. Day in, day out, sitting in the Tavern or exercising out in the forest. Luckily it sounded like some Seviis had been running amok for a few years, putting smaller settlements in danger. Maybe he couldd find something a little more exciting to do in the meantime. Maybe he'd go see how the "kids" were doing. Maybe he'd go find a fight to pick.
Tavarius
Tavarius

Character Profile
Element: Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Jorkins Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Chandler walked into the tavern, not particularly worried about being recognized. Nobody from the school had seen him in his human form. He sat at the bar with a heavy sigh. Kingsley could be difficult to get along with at times and today was one of those days. He ordered himself some beer and stared glumly out the window, lost in his own thought.
Kingsley Jorkins
Kingsley Jorkins

Character Profile
Element: Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 pm

Glancing out the window and back into my empty cup, a waitress came by and filled my cup with my favorite berry tea. I'm sitting at the bar and my tail was wagging side to side. I stretched my wings and rested my cheek on my hand.
"Training is tomorrow, or is it next moon? Bah, doesn't matter"
I sipped my tea and stared into my cup again
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile
Element: Electric
Who are you?: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Tavarius Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 am

Danarius watched the stranger enter the bar and take a seat.  The man was armed to the teeth.  Probably another warrior.  You didn't see too many of those around here.  Danarius thought he might even be another privateer.  Maybe out of his mind from the boredom, maybe a little drunk, Danarius stammered over to Helix.

"How you doing tough guy?  Don't think I've seen you around here before."
Tavarius
Tavarius

Character Profile
Element: Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down